Tuesday, 9 August 2011

Christmas Ornaments. Yes, I know it's August.

Welcome to another edition of "Ashlie completely overthinks something that should be totally simple".  I made the mistake of going to a Hallmark store the other day, and surprise, surprise, they have some of their Christmas ornaments out already.  Now, this Christmas is actually Vivian's second Christmas since she was born in December, but it's hard to count that first Christmas since she was so small, and we really didn't have time to do much of anything for her.  This year will be my first Christmas having a tree, potentially hosting some Christmas get-together, setting up traditions for Vivian, decorating the house...all of that.  So seeing all the ornaments made me decide that I would like to get Vivian an ornament each year as a keepsake.  When she's older, she'll be able to pick one out on her own, but for now the decision falls to me.

That's where the problem lies.  

There are so many freaking options.  And the girl working at Hallmark totally figured me out by handing me a catalog of all the ornaments.  So now I can obsess over it until making the final decision.  Luckily for you, you can help!

Here are the ornaments that I'm favouring.

This Up ornament is the first in a new series of Pixar ornaments.  I like the idea of starting out with a series.  The collector in me is pulling for a complete set.


Of course, maybe I should go with something more commemorative, with the year on it.


Or I could get something like this for baby's second Christmas, but it doesn't match the baby's first Christmas ornament we already have.  (Thankfully, someone gave us one last year since I didn't get my ass in gear to get one myself.)


But I do love Dr. Seuss, and both of these are tickling my fancy.



Apparently I'm a big fan of the book scene ornaments, since I also completely love this Where the Wild Things Are ornament.  Vivian is a wild thing.


I love me some Batman, but this one would really be more of an ornament for me than for Vivian.


This one is just too awesome not to share.  Again, I don't think Vivian would actually appreciate it.


Or maybe I should just get her something more traditional, like a Twilight ornament.  Because that sort of thing actually exists.


Yeah.  That's for real.

What do you think?  Modern, traditional?  Part of a set?  I'm aware that I'm being a crazy person.

1 comment:

Eleven's Ink said...

I LURV the Up ornament and the Dr.Seuss' as well. I'm a sucker for collections too and it can hold a lot of meaning too. I'm not helpin am I??? Up Up and Away! :)