Tuesday, 12 July 2011

A Useable Basement

We finally, finally got furniture moved around and now have a clearly defined upstairs play room and downstairs living room/rec room.

Here's the upstairs play room now...much more space for Vivian to play, and much safer for her to play.



The pictures don't really do it justice because my camera is crap, but trust me - it's a huge improvement!

In the end, we basically just ended up moving furniture down to the basement.  I'm hoping we'll be able to put carpet down there before Christmas (I'm having an estimate done soon) so that the space will be nice and cozy once it gets cooler.  Once I know that we're having carpet put down, I figure I can work on painting the area.  It's too bad we couldn't have flooring done before moving furniture down there, but oh well, you do what you have to do.


I'm actually surprised at how well it works with just the one couch and our two old freebie chairs.  Is it the nicest rec room ever?  Nope.  Does it work for us for now?  You betcha.


Basically, I put everything down here that Vivian might knock over/pull down on herself.  Somehow, it ended up kind of working!

The cabinet that I picked up off a curb a few weeks ago ended up being the perfect place to store the DVDs and Blu-Rays.



I love it.  Even though it isn't really done, and even though it's just a bunch of mismatched furniture in the basement, I love it.  It's so nice to just have another room to go to.  It's amazing, but when you spend the whole day in the same room, just having an option to go to at the end of the day is a big deal.

Like I said, hopefully we'll be able to put some real carpet down before Christmas and put some paint on the walls - perhaps when that happens a party will be in order!

No comments: