Tuesday, 24 May 2011

When do you just give up?

I love my DVR.  I don't know how I ever lived without it.  It really does change your life.  It's so nice to be able to watch things at your convenience, or to watch them over and over again.  My problem with it, however, is a habit of recording things that I never get around to watching.

Case in point - on my DVR right now I have;


  • "Children of Men"  I've never seen it, but always wanted to.  I recorded it on February 21st.
  • "The Amanda Knox Story"  Yes, the one with Hayden Pannetiere.  Don't judge me, I'm on maternity leave.  I recorded it on May 1st.
  • "The Stone Angel"  I read it in high school, so I thought I would check it out.  Just recorded it on May 16th.
  • The Gwyneth Paltrow episode of SNL from January 15th - I can't bear to delete it yet, the Pee Wee Herman digital short is hilarious.
  • The Justin Timberlake episode of SNL from May 21st - It's pretty much the best episode ever.
  • Six episodes of "The Killing"  They date back to April 10th.
So my question is - how long before I give up on these?  Am I really going to get around to watching them?  Are they even worth watching at this point?  The SNLs will be there for some time still, but I'm not sure about the others.  Is anyone still watching The Killing?  Is it worth it to keep up with it?

-

2 comments:

Eleven's Ink said...

Hmm will have to search The Killing, never heard of it. I would defo watch The Amanda Knox Story it is just so...i'm trying not to say fascinating - Oh, Intriguing!!

:)

Dan Brown said...

You gotta watch Children of Men! Very good sci-fi and with the pregnancy plot you will find it interesting!