Friday, 6 May 2011

Vivian Vendredi - Sweet Dreams

So I had this whole post written up on Thursday about how now that Vivian is 5 months old, it was time to start thinking about moving her to her own room because she's just getting too big and wiggly to sleep in her playpen in our room.  Of course, I was all "I don't know if I'm ready for her to be across the hall, it's too far away, I don't know if I'll be able to sleep, I don't know if she'll be able to sleep..." you know, typical overreacting, overthinking me.

Yeah, she slept in her own room last night.

It just kind of worked out on its own.  She went to sleep at like 7:30, and I was washing her bedding from her playpen at the time, so I put her in her own room.  She "woke up" at around 11:00 - I say "woke up" because I don't think she even opened her eyes, just fussed a little and then I changed her and fed her while she was still asleep.  Her bedding still wasn't ready (I think I overstuffed the washer a little, because it didn't spin out very well at all) so I put her back in her crib.  When I went to bed at 1:00, I couldn't decide if I wanted to sleep in my own bed, sleep in the bed in her room, or sleep on the couch and wait for her to wake up.

I bit the bullet, put the monitor in our room, and got into bed.  Her bedding was finally dry, so I made up her bed in our room just in case.  I fell asleep watching the red bars on the monitor, expecting her to start freaking out at any moment.

At 3:00, she woke up.  She wasn't too angry, so I brought her into our room so I could lay down and feed her.  I was worried that once she was in our room, she wouldn't want to go back to her own room, but she ate and fell back to sleep no problem.  I put her back in bed and closed the door.

At 7:30, I started to hear her talking over the monitor.  I let her babble on until about 8:00, then went to rescue her.  Of course, she was completely flipped the opposite way from where I'd put her into bed, and had her leg stuck through the bars of the crib.

But she was happy.

She got a good night's sleep, and she was happy to see me in the morning.

So I guess that's it?  Vivian sleeps in her crib now?  It seems strange that that's just the way it is, but I think it's better this way than if I had worried about it and made it a bigger deal.  As long as we're both sleeping, I suppose it doesn't really matter too much where she's sleeping.

She's getting to be such a big girl.

No comments: