Monday, 9 May 2011

Me time.

I've gotten in to a new routine in the evenings.  Vivian goes to bed sometime between 8:00 and 10:00 (most days at least, you never can tell with that girl) then Jagger goes to bed at 11:00.

Then it's me time.

I usually stay up until 1:00 a.m. just relaxing and doing whatever I want.  Have a snack, watch some trashy TV, browse compulsively on Pinterest, read, whatever.  I try to resist the urge to do laundry, make formula, do the dishes or anything really productive and just take the time to be alone for a couple of hours.

I know that a lot of people would use the extra time to snooze, but I would rather have the time to myself in the living room when I don't have to share the remote or the laptop.  I find it really recharges me and makes me feel like a normal person again.

I kick myself when Vivian wakes up to eat at 2:00 or 3:00 (and often stays awake for an hour or so) and then wakes up for the day anywhere from 6:30-8:30 (yeah, we have no schedule) but I feel like this is more of my natural schedule.

As much as I love spending the day with Vivian, and as much as I enjoy spending time with just Jagger after Vivian goes to bed, it's this time of day that I look forward to the most.

It's also when I get most of my blogging done, so you should be grateful as well!

Do you have a special time of day to just relax and be alone?

2 comments:

Eleven's Ink said...

I need to find time to blog as well, I'm so lazy lately and my mind is just running on empty. I can't even fathom the thought of having to do all of this (living a life) PLUS taking care of a child. Praise to ya, almighty woman! lol.

Hannah Kincade said...

I currently live alone, so every day is me day. ;D