Friday, 15 April 2011

Vivian Vendredi - Teething

Another week with Vivian has brought the joys of teething.  We've been wondering if it's been happening for some time, but now it seems it's really here.

She's drooly, she sucks her fingers, she sucks her lip, she's crying in her sleep, she has rosy cheeks, her nose is running, she's whiny and crabby...it's pretty awesome.

I suppose it had to happen sometime.  I feel like this might continue for a long time before she actually cuts any teeth though.

To help her out, I have her wearing amber teething jewellery.  She wears an anklet at night and a necklace during the day.  They say that they really help with teething, so we'll see.  I figure it's a better option than just pumping her full of Advil and Tylenol all day.  (Although we do have both on hand, don't get me wrong.)

In other Vivian news, she's become insanely wiggly.  I put her down in her crib for her nap, and when I go back to get her when she wakes up, she's wiggled her way over to the opposite end of the crib and is usually stuck with her legs between the bars or something.  I've even caught her playing on the floor and getting her knees up under herself already.  I'm in no mood for her to start crawling early, but it looks like it might happen.  Blair was crawling at 6 months, so we'll see how it goes.  It's not a race though, Vivian.

3 comments:

Joan Crawford said...

Aw, beautiful baby! Look at her chin, she already has a perfect heart-shape face, lucky! Teething, god, what a misery. When the molars come in, it's worse. It's even harder to look at them coming in; when the front teeth come in, they cut through but the molars just sort of erupt straight up. And there is no nice point to make the way :(
My babies both did a reverse tummy-scoot before they crawled - they are freakishly strong for their size. I mean that in a good way ;)

Cassie V said...

Adam's been wearing an amber teething necklace since he was about 6 months old. I can't say whether it helps or not because we've never gone without it. Worst case scenario, it looks cute right?

Dan Brown said...

Such a handsome young boy!