Friday, 4 March 2011

Vivian Vendredi - Hair Club for Babies

It's occurred to me that some people might not know why I call these entries "Vivian Vendredi".  "Vendredi" is French for Friday, which is why I post on Friday.  What can I say, I'm a sucker for alliteration.

Vivian's hair has been falling out like crazy.  It's amazing, every morning when I get her out of her bed there's hair all over her sheets.


She's got the funniest little hair line - kind of like a reverse Friar Tuck look or something.


I rotate what side she sleeps on at night, so at least she's balding evenly instead of one big bald patch or something. 



You can see all of her dark newborn hair there compared to the lighter new hair that she's been growing in.  Mom and I had to give her a little trim last week because her little baby mullet was getting out of control and the hair over her ears was gross.  (Yeah, I call my baby gross)

It's so funny seeing how quickly her looks change, even with her hair.  So far it's looking like she's going to be pretty fair.  I'm sure one day very soon she'll have very pretty hair, but for right now she kind of looks like a baby George Costanza.

Hopefully next week I'll be able to report that she's rolling over - she did it last night in the tub, but I think the slippery tub did most of the work for her.  She's lazy like that.

1 comment:

Eleven's Ink said...

HAHAHAH love it. reminds me of a french blog "Chronique d'une Mère Indigne". It's about time people talk about babies like they do adults. They don't understand us anyways!! lol