Thursday, 10 March 2011

Snackie

Sorry for the lack of blogging this week - it's been kind of a rough week.  Crappy weather, challenging Vivian, feeling a little down and not so creative.

I'm a big pretzel fan.  Especially the big soft pretzels.  I'm a big fan of any kind of food that's a big treat - something you can only get in certain places at certain times.  I'll go to pretty much any sporting event if there's a soft pretzel waiting there for me.

Next to the soft pretzels, my next favourite kind are Rold Gold Honey Wheat Braided Twist pretzels.  I used to eat them all the time in university.  Then I couldn't find them anymore.  I managed to find some in the States at Target once a few years ago, but then I couldn't even find them there.  It seemed that my perfect salty and sweet snack had vanished off the face of the earth.

Then one day while at Walmart I saw this...



Could it be?  A generic brand of my favourite snack?

It was.  And it was awesome.  Even better?  The usual price is like $1.67, and sometimes they go on sale for $1.  It really is the little things.

Any favourite snacks or small victories in your world this week?

6 comments:

Dan Brown said...

Graphic novel group on Saturday -- WINNING!

Eleven's Ink said...

I am not a big fan of cheesies or cheese puffs or cheese powder flavoured snacks but ever so often I get a huuuge craving for the Hawkins Cheezies.

QUALITY CHEESIES MMM

and peanut m&m's.

Stacey said...

Those are amazing! I love them dipped in honey mustard!

ashlie said...

Kevin, I think you just like Hawkins Cheezies because you want to be hanging out with me! (Hawkins is my maiden name, remember?) I'm also a big fan of crunchy Cheezies, but I only eat them like once a year because they're so bad for you!

Stacey - I've never tried that! Although I have been tempted to dip them in chocolate...

Eleven's Ink said...

hahaha no I swear they are better then the cheetos or humpty dumpty ones. and their canadian!!

Jaclyn Goodwillie said...

Hawkins Cheezies are my FAVOURITE!
I love that sharp cheese-y taste and that classic package that never changes. My granny used to feed them to me when I was little and I've been hooked on them ever since.