Monday, 28 February 2011

Oh I am just so domestic now...

Since  I've been home, I've been baking an awful lot of cookies.  I don't know if it's the whole idea that I'm someone's mom now (still a scary thought) and therefore I should bake cookies, or if it's just the fact that I'm home all day and rarely have two hands free to eat.

The chocolate chip cookie recipe that I use is awesome.  They come out chewy and amazing.  That's also probably why I bake them so often - they get eaten insanely quickly.

Here's the recipe if anyone is looking to bake some cookies!  Thanks to my mom for giving me the recipe!

Cowboy Cookies

- 1 cup butter
- 2 cups flour
- 2 cups oats
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 1 cup white sugar (side note - whenever I get to this part, I sing the recipe in my head to the tune of the "Backin' Up" song.  Instead of "One with a white hoodie, one with a black hoodie" I sing "one cup of brown sugar, one cup of white sugar...brown sugar, white sugar, white sugar, brown sugar."  Yeah, I'm awesome."
- 2 eggs
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp vanilla (I play it pretty fast and loose with the vanilla - I love vanilla)
- 1 cup chocolate chips (I always use milk chocolate chocolate chips.  Anything else just won't do)

Mix ingredients together, put on a baking sheet in balls.  You know the drill.  Bake them at 350 for 8-12 minutes.  I set my oven timer at 8 minutes and usually take them out just a little bit before the time is up.  You want them to look a little doughy in the middle still and just golden brown around the edges.



I usually get just under 3 dozen cookies out of this recipe.  You could probably get at least 3 dozen if you didn't eat as much cookie dough as I do.


(And in case you had no idea what I was talking about, here's the Backing Up video)

3 comments:

Eleven's Ink said...

omg i actually LOL'd. Especially with the backin' up video at the end!!! I was just sayin' "what is that song". Almost identical to my mom's recipe minus the oats. Will try that out this weekend!!

PMAC said...

My mouth is watering... I'll be sure to try them out! Bonus, oats are good for breastfeeding! Excuse to eat 2x as many!!

Hannah Kincade said...

mmmm, I am now starving for cookies! Thanks for the recipe!