Monday, 21 February 2011

The DVR Rules Me

The DVR is easily one of my all-time favourite things.  I fought against having a DVR for a long time because I figured that the only thing stopping me from watching everything was the fact that I couldn't.  I had to choose what shows to watch in what timeslot and just go from there.

Of course, the moment we got the DVR, there was no going back.  It completely changes your life to the point that you have no idea how you ever used to live without it.

Probably my favourite show to watch on the DVR is Saturday Night Live, or as we call it now, "Sunday Morning Taped".  It's definitely a better way to watch it.

Since I've been home with Vivian, I've been using the DVR like crazy, recording all kinds of shows I wouldn't normally watch because I have a lot of time on my hands when she insists on napping in my arms.

The only problem with the DVR is that it seems to be a little selective on what I should and shouldn't be watching.  For whatever reason, it always screws up on recording "30 Rock" and "The Defenders".  I don't know what it's trying to tell me, but those two always seem to get missed, even when I set it to record "any day in any timeslot".  I'm starting to think the DVR has some sort of hidden agenda or something.

Anyone else have any problems with your DVR being selective?

No comments: