Friday, 21 January 2011

Vivian Vendredi - Intense

Six weeks now with Vivian.  We've had a better go of things this week - she's taking a soother now (!!!) and let me get 4 1/2 hours of uninterrupted sleep the other night.  Who knew that one day I would be excited about that.

She's learning lots of new tricks - and has been chatting up quite the storm lately.  One of the funniest things that she does is that she stares like crazy.  Seriously, she beats me in staring contests all the time.  Sometimes I worry that she's forgotten how to blink or something.  She's our little Samuel L. Jackson.

Of course when I tried to capture it for the blog, she tried to make a liar out of me by not performing.  Babies suck like that.  You tell someone "Oh, watch what my baby can do." Then the baby just looks at you blankly and never performs on cue.  They make you look like a jerk.

So here's my baby making me look like a jerk, but also kind of performing.

video

2 comments:

Joan Crawford said...

I know, right? I remember bragging to everyone about how my baby was the "Perfect Car Baby". I went on about how we drove to PEI over 2 days and how he never cried, he just cooed and laughed or looked out the window. Then one day we got a ride from our friends and he screamed bloody murder the entire half hour.

P.S. What a cute baby that Vivian is! Keep up the good work, Mama!

ashlie said...

Aw, thanks Joan! It's been so nice "seeing" you around the blog! I miss your blog posts! Yes, babies are incredible jerks. They just love outsmarting us!