Tuesday, 25 January 2011

Rehab

So now that I spend good chunks of my days sitting in a rocking chair or on the couch with a baby who has a bad case of the "don't-put-me-downs" I've started recording all kinds of shows that I would have never normally had the time to watch.

Now, if you know me, you may know about my love of trashy TV, especially of the reality type.  The Hills, Teen Mom, The Bachelor, Flavor of Love...the trashier, the better.  But one of my favourites is Rehab.

I was so excited the other day when I found "Rehab: Party at the Hard Rock Hotel" on Global Reality.

We first discovered Rehab when we were on our honeymoon, basking in the glow of American TV shows.  Yes, a good part of our honeymoon was spent watching TV - what of it?

Anyway, Rehab is this awesome show about the party hosted at the pool of the Hard Rock Hotel in Las Vegas.  It's your basic behind the scenes type reality show - you get to see the fights, the drunks, and most importantly, the waitresses arguing over who gets to serve the best cabanas in order to secure the biggest tips.  It's basically an hour of girls running around in bikinis, and I love it.  Seriously, it's wonderful trash TV.

The second season seems heavily scripted (not that I mind, it's still entertaining) so be prepared for that.  The first season is awesome though.  Wikipedia tells me that there's a third season, but I have yet to find it.  Global Reality had a marathon on this past weekend of the entire second season, so I'm hoping for another marathon soon with the third season.

Have you been watching any good trashy TV lately?

1 comment:

Eleven's Ink said...

Yeah, Jersey Shore!! haha. I am the same way. As much as I like national geographi and discovery science, i can't seem to gravitate far from the trashy reality TV. it's so fun to watch people look stupid :D