Monday, 31 January 2011

Mmm...bacon dip...

We had a birthday party for Jagger not too long ago (he hit the big 3-0!) and in honour of his birthday I made one of his favourite dips.

My friend Amanda gave me the recipe, and it's a total crowd pleaser.  Hope you enjoy it!



Bacon Dip

What you need:
- Bacon
- Bacon Dipper crackers
- Brick of cream cheese
- 1 cup of mayonnaise
- Shredded cheese
- Dried onion flakes

What you do:
- Cut up and cook the entire pound of bacon.  Trust me, I know this seems like an insane amount of bacon for a dip, but it's really better with the whole pound of bacon.
- While your bacon is sizzling, mix your cream cheese, mayo, shredded cheese (about a cup, but I don't measure) and your onion (a couple of tablespoons will do, but again, I don't measure anymore)
- When that's all nice and blended together, spread it in your baking dish.  I have a nice little hot dip dish, but any 8x8 pan should work.
- Top your dip mixture with the bacon (yes, the whole pound of bacon)
- Top it all with about a half a cup of crumbled Bacon Dipper crackers (I usually do the whole put the crackers in a Ziploc bag and smash away method)
- When you're ready to eat it, heat it in the oven at about 350 until it heated through - the cracker crumbs will brown a bit when it's done, but you can just play it by ear.  You could eat it cold, but it's better when it's all hot and delicious
- Serve it with more Bacon Dippers
- Watch it disappear insanely quickly.

Like I said, this dip is a major crowd pleaser.  Even more so if your crowd happens to contain people who enjoy partaking in certain activities, if you know what I mean.

1 comment:

Eleven's Ink said...

Oh I know what you mean hahahaha. That dip looks INSAAANE!!!