Thursday, 27 January 2011

Hey, Wii Fit - Shut up.

The Wii  Fit and I have been having some issues lately.  See, there was a time when I was pretty into the Wii Fit.  I would do it everyday, even if it was just for a quick weigh-in and body test.  It was fun, and it was nice to have an accurate weigh-in to keep myself in check.  I found I got really familiar with my body and could really tell when I fluctuated even a couple of pounds.

Then I got pregnant.  And I got scared of the Wii Fit.

See, for some ungodly reason, the Wii Fit doesn't have an "I'm pregnant" function.  So while I wanted to do the exercises on the Wii Fit, I couldn't bear to step foot on that damned board.  I just knew that every time I tried to do something good for myself and get some exercise, it would give me a hard time about gaining weight - even though it was totally justified.  (Yes, gaining 60 pounds while pregnant is totally justified.  Thank you, Taco Bell)

Of course, by avoiding telling the Wii Fit about my gradual weight gain, I had to face it down after having the baby.

I don't know why I thought it was a good idea to get on it two weeks after having a baby, but for some reason I did.  And then it called me obese.  And it's still calling me obese!

Not cool, Wii Fit.  Not cool.  I'm not obese - and you would know that if you had known that I lost 30 pounds in 2 weeks!  (Never mind that 8 pounds of that was a person)

Stupid Wii Fit.  Seriously, why isn't there just a little button you can hit to indicate that you're pregnant?  Then it wouldn't judge you so harshly when it weighs you.  That little animated board can be really harsh.

So, kind Japanese Nintendo people - the next time you decide to revamp the Wii Fit (Wii Fit Plus really was an improvement, by the way) please do us a favour and add a "I'm pregnant" function and give us all a break?

3 comments:

Sunny J said...

I think that Nintendo probably wants to avoid any liability for using Wii Fit while you are "with child". I wonder how the balance activities are affected by a medicine ball strapped to your belly. Also of note is that the Japanese do not go through the birthing process, new babies are acquired from vending machines.

ashlie said...

Mmm, vending machine babies. I wonder if sometimes the spiral turns just right so you get a bonus baby? What happens if they get caught in the machine?

I love the Wii Fit, but it's so unreliable. Yesterday, it told me I was 37. The day before that I was 20. Craziness. But each time it called me obese, so that was fun.

Greg Rozon said...

Old post to reply to, but I have to add this. Once, when I logged in as my daughter, Wii Fit said that it hadn't seen Daddy in a while and that he was probably getting fat (to paraphrase). Nice, eh!