Thursday, 25 February 2010
Tuesday, 23 February 2010
Sunday, 21 February 2010
How lovely! Now, apparently with this award I'm to share 10 embarassing facts about myself and then pass it along. Here goes.
1. I can be shockingly clumsy. Just a few weeks ago while trying to put on my shoes, I clunked my head on the wall. This is why I don't play on my husband's dodgeball league.
2. Probably my most embarassing moment was when I had to ask what "aka" stood for. "Also known as," my mom told me. "Yeah, but what does the 'k' stand for?" Yeah...
3. I have been reading V.C. Andrews books since I was about 9 years old. It's gotten to the point that every book basically follows the same formula, but I just can't walk away from them.
4. I am and always have been an obsessive list maker. When I was a kid I would make a list with things to do just so I would have things to cross off. Things like, "Wake up, get dressed, brush teeth,"... you get the idea.
5. I'm a court reporter, so my work is either being in court and typing what's going on, or typing transcripts afterward of what has happened. Because of this, I sometimes think as though I'm typing a transcript and visualize myself typing words that people are saying.
6. I also sometimes narrate to myself in my head.
7. I have learned that I can't listen to any of Kevin Smith's SModcasts in public or else I end up being that crazy person who is walking around laughing.
8. I always talk to my cats when I get home from work.
9. I have probably read the book "Gymnasts Go For The Gold!" more times than any other book in my life. (I tried to find a link or a picture of the cover of this book, but couldn't find one. Basically, it's a series of books about gymnasts kind of like The Babysitters Club. This is the final book when they go to the Barcelona Olympics in 1992).
10. On the weekends and after work I basically dress like a six year old boy - jogging pants and comic book tee-shirts are what I live in.
There you go! That's all the embarassment I can handle for one day! Thank you again to Palindrome for thinking of me!
Without further ado, I present the Honest Scrap award to the following...
Things I Yell At You - Joan Crawford
Sonshine Thoughts - Sonshine Music
Blam's Blog - Blam
Friday, 19 February 2010
This marks the last meal in this meal planner! I'm so impressed that we went all week without going out for dinner or taking the easy way out and just heating something up out of the freezer. We have a new meal planner and I think we're going to do it again, but I was thinking that maybe we would wait until next Thursday or Friday to start it and just coast for a few days.
Thursday, 18 February 2010
I picked up the new Rachael Ray magazine today with a new menu planner. I wasn't sure if we would want to start another week of Rachael telling us what to eat, but apparently Jagger thinks that Rachael is the new boss of us, so we might keep this up for a while. I'll keep posting recipes as long as people want to read them, but expect lots more randomness coming your way soon!
Wednesday, 17 February 2010
I only have two meals left after this one! What will I do then? Quizno's might be calling my name...
Tuesday, 16 February 2010
Monday, 15 February 2010
Sunday, 14 February 2010
Saturday, 13 February 2010
Friday, 12 February 2010
So, here's a little background. A few weeks ago I picked up a Rachael Ray Everyday magazine for the first time. I like her show and have one of her cookbooks and always like her recipes, so I thought I would check it out. Inside the magazine was an insert with recipes for 7 dinners, complete with a grocery list of everything you would need. The whole idea was that the groceries for 7 meals would come out to under $100 - $98.14 to be exact. We thought we would give it a go and try out some new meals. So, for the next week I'll post the recipe and blog about how it turned out.
Thursday, 11 February 2010
Tuesday, 2 February 2010
I don't think I can begin to explain just how excited I am for tonight's episode. Obviously, I'm having a terrible time focusing on work right now. Last night to prepare I watched "Pilot" and "The Incident" so I'm feeling pretty ready to get the ball rolling for tonight's episode. I have my snack all ready to go (Crunchy Cheezies...I only eat them for LOST premieres and finales. I'm pretty sure they're basically orange coloured toxic waste, so I try to limit myself on eating them, but they're my favourite) and will no doubt be sitting there in my Dharma sweatshirt yelling at the TV. Poor Jagger has to run off and hide so he doesn't have to put up with me tonight.
I don't know what it is specifically about LOST that makes me love it so much more than any other show. It's something about the combination of community, mystery, amazing storytelling and characters that has sucked me in from my first viewing.
To anyone else watching it tonight - I look forward to analyzing with you all for this final season! For anyone who doesn't watch LOST, don't mention it around me unless you want to get pulled in to a full-on discussion, complete with charts and graphics.
Monday, 1 February 2010
That's it. The racks for the wine glasses really helped to clear up my cupboard space, but it completely robbed me of precious counter space. It's going to be so weird being able to have other people in the kitchen with me when I cook.
And that's our bedroom. Nothing too fancy here, I already talked about the floor bed situation (which I still love). Again, there's a lot of stuff in the bedroom that you can't see that doesn't need to be in here. It'll be so great to have room for everything and not have to keep drawers full of knitting projects in the same dresser as my clothes.