Friday, 31 December 2010

Vivian Vendredi - BFFs

When I was pregnant, I made no secret about the fact that I was hoping for a boy.  In my mind, I could just picture myself with a little boy.  I've always wanted an older brother and was hoping that I would have a boy, then a girl so she would have that older brother I always wanted.

Of course, now that I have a girl, I couldn't imagine it any other way.

Not only is it special that I'm an oldest daughter and now my oldest is the same, but she has an instant best friend in her cousin, Blair.


My mom calls them "Sister Cousins" because they'll grow up more like sisters.  This freaks my sister out though, because it reminds her too much of Sister Wives - something totally different.

They are only 6 months apart, so it's really nice.  They can share clothes and secrets, and they'll always have a friend at family gatherings.

My sister and I can't wait to see what they get into!

Happy New Year!

2 comments:

Eleven's Ink said...

Oh that was cute, ashlie!! i had to laugh when i read the sister wives comment. hilarious!!! LOL

Sarah Ahiers (Falen) said...

i have two cousins the same age as me and my twin sister, one is only a few weeks younger and to this day he is one of my best friends. Almost a second brother.
I'm sure Vivian and Blair will be best friends