Wednesday, 24 November 2010

Splurge

Sorry the posts have been pretty baby-heavy this week, but I'm pretty baby-heavy this week.

I've been pretty good so far at not spoiling the kid before it even gets here.  Most of what I've bought for the kid has been used, gifted, borrowed or on sale.  I've been pretty proud of myself for doing so well and resisting the urge to splurge.  (This is always easier to do when you don't have any money in the first place)

This is why I managed to rationalize one good splurge.

This is the Westcoast Baby Bamboo Kimono.  It's the cutest thing ever.

 Allow me to explain why this is a practical piece of clothing.  When I first saw it, I didn't think it was that great either.  Sure it's super-duper soft (I love bamboo) but beyond that, it seemed a little unecessary.

What makes it so special is that not only is it open at the bottom (for super quick and easy diaper changes when they're teeny-tiny) and super soft and cozy (bamboo naturally wicks moisture away to keep baby dry and comfortable) but the easy open tie front allows you to have that oh so important skin to skin contact with the baby while they're still clothed, making nursing a snap.
 Oh, and there's an ultra-cute matching hat...
...and booties, which were impossible to resist.

It's also a great idea for preemies because it's easy for cords and monitors to have access while the baby is still toasty warm and comfortable. 

The company bills it as being "the perfect going-home from the hospital" outfit, but I don't know how well it would work in a car seat.

It comes in lots of adorable colours, but I went with the cream with grey, nice and neutral without being yellow.

Here's my actual set...



For even more cuteness, just add baby!

It took a few weeks of obsessively thinking about it, but I finally took the plunge and bought the outfit.  Even though it cost about what I would spend on myself for an outfit, I've convinced myself that it's worth it.  What's life without a little splurging every now and then?  It'll probably end up being the last time I splurge on anything for a very, very long time, so I'd better enjoy it!

1 comment:

Sunny J said...

I have a kimono, it's super comfortable.