Monday, 1 November 2010

Knitwit

Shockingly, I have yet to knit anything for the baby.  I thought I would be all over knitting all kinds of little blankets, hats, swearters and toys for the kid, but I just haven't been able to sit down and work on anything.  I just can't decide on what I want to make.

I'm still working on a blanket for a friend's baby.  I was supposed to have it finished when he was born and he's now like 14 months old.  Oops.

Knowing that, I knew I wouldn't want to make a blanket.  At least not a knitted blanket.  Maybe when I learn to crochet I'll tackle a blanket again, but not yet.

I've received some beautiful handcrafted gifts already from Jagger's mom...


And from my friend Jenn's nana...




But I still haven't gotten down and made anything for the kid myself yet.

My initial plan was to make a hat.  Something simple, nothing fancy.  But I can't seem to find a pattern that is simple, but special.

I found this pattern on What To Knit When You're Expecting and I'm thinking of tackling it now.


Isn't it cute?  She has pictures of it with a baby, but it's her baby, so I don't want to post them here.  It's a baby cozy and a hat.  She describes it as being like a beer cozy, but for a baby.  Since it's a winter baby, I think it might be nice to have for around the house and whatnot when they're little.  Obviously it won't be good for in the car seat or anything, but I still think it's a nice project.

Once the kid is here and we know if it's a girl or a boy, I can tackle other projects.  I'd love to make them a little cardigan like this...

(From Lion Brand Yarns)


Or maybe try my hand at some super cute knitted toys...


(Also from Lion Brand)

What do you think?  Got any good knitting patterns lying around that I could mooch?

No comments: