Thursday, 18 November 2010

Dresser - Updated!

I got some work done last week on the baby's room, and it's almost as good as it's going to get.  I wasn't going to go crazy getting things perfect because honestly, the kid has no idea and they're not even going to be sleeping in there for a while (we don't have a crib yet, we're going to be using a basinette).

I did manage to get the dresser repainted though, and I'm really happy with how it turned out.  My friend Sarah-Rae hooked me up with some paint (Racing Orange by Benjamin Moore) and I went to town.

Remember my old dresser?

Nothing really wrong with it, it just needed something a bit brighter for the kid's room.

Here it is now...


I'm really happy with the orange, it's very unexpected and it looks great.  I'll be posting some more pictures of the room and dresser later with it all dressed up.  As you can tell from this picture, things aren't quite done in there yet seeing as how my stud finder and hammer are still on the dresser.

Another little touch to the dresser is that I tried to line the drawers.  I saw that they did it with a dresser on Young House Love and since I love pretty much everything that they do, I thought I would try my hand at it.  Here's their post on the how-to...

So I thought I would give it a shot.  I already had some wrapping paper around from IKEA (I love their wrapping paper!) that had orange in it, so I went to town with some Mod Podge and voila!


Lovely lined drawers!  It's not the greatest picture, but I didn't do the greatest job.  I was too lazy to actually take apart the drawers to wrap the bottom with paper (and I knew I wouldn't have enough) so I did a "Meh, it's good enough" job of cutting the paper to size.  I also found I was a little heavy-handed with the Mod Podge, so I have some wrinkles in the paper.  I'm not stressed about it though, it does the job and looks pretty doing it!

Like I said, I'll post some pictures soon of the baby's room in it's basically finished state.  I just have to pick up a couple of things first!