Sunday, 10 October 2010

Opening the Time Capsule

This is what I've been looking forward to most about our anniversary - finally getting to read the predictions and wishes from our Time Capsule Guest Book!  You may remember this post where I talked about assembling it before the wedding.  (Fun fact - that post gets more hits than any other post on this blog.  I hope other people are trying the same idea!)

The basic idea was there were four types of cards, "In One Year..." "In Five Years..." "In Ten Years..." and "In Twenty-Five Years..." and our guests were encouraged to write down their predictions for who we would be and where we would be, how many kids we might have, and just general congratulations on our anniversary.

I was overwhelmed by the response to this - I was so excited to see the time capsule jam packed with cards!

 All of the cards out of the box.

All of the "In One Year..." Cards
It was so hard all year not to peek at any of the cards, but we managed.  Here are some of our favourites. 

I'll say right now - I predicted on the wedding day that there would be at least one "In One Year..." card that predicted we would already be divorced, because those are the kinds of friends we have.  Surprisingly, I was mistaken.  We did get the following hilarious gems though!

 I have no idea who this is, but I'm determined to find out.  I want that $5!


 We laughed so hard at this.  So wonderfully random.

 I'm especially intrigued as to why this one was written on the back of the card.  I don't know who it's from either.

 Hooray for Pig Latin!

 Does this mean we're going to be on Dancing With the Stars?  Or just watching it?

Heart with love.

I was surprised by how many people didn't sign the cards, it made it even more fun trying to figure out who said what.  We also got some very sweet ones - and one completely accurate prediction!


 Well, we got the honeymoon in, but that was about it for our travelling.


 I love the addition about me being "all domestic".

 Ding ding ding!



 This one is from our friend, Lisa.  It's also very accurate - Jagger definitely has more cravings than I do!

 Yup!

 Also very accurate!

It could be a little girl, we'll find out in about 7 weeks!  This is from my friend Amanda, who is expecting her second little pork chop in a few weeks.  I didn't end up being another Desperate Housewife of Douglas Line, but I would still like to!

We had so much fun opening the time capsule this morning - it was like Christmas!  Even though we kept things pretty low key for our anniversary (it's the paper anniversary, so we just bought each other a book) this was definitely something we were looking forward to.  I wish I could have done cards for every year so we would always be able to do this, but we won't be cracking the time capsule open again until our 5th anniversary.

Thank you so much for everyone who took the time at our wedding to write us a card for today!

1 comment:

PMAC said...

Ashlie - what an awesome idea!!!