Thursday, 28 October 2010

Mmm...chocolate milk

Some people are wine snobs, others are coffee snobs.  I suppose some people are even bottled water snobs.  Jagger and I?  We're chocolate milk snobs.  We avoid certain Tim Horton's because they don't carry our preferred brand of chocolate milk.  What can I say, we have sophisticated palates.

The top chocolate milk brand (in our opinion) is Sealtest.  As Jagger is so fond of saying, "You know it's good, because they test it on seals." 

There's just something about Sealtest chocolate milk that none of the other brands can compare.  Maybe it's because this is the brand of milk I had in school, and getting chocolate milk when I was a kid was always a big deal.  This is the brand that we hunt down at specific Tim Horton's.

In second place we have Neilson.



Neilson is an acceptable substitute for Sealtest, but is not quite as good.

Last place has to go to Beatrice.


I don't know what it is about Beatrice, but it always tastes like it's about to spoil.  I'll drink it in a pinch, but it's always a disappointment when we end up with Beatrice.

Those would be our top brands, but I'm also a big fan of Gay Lea.


I seem to only ever be able to find Gay Lea at Subway, so I have a strong connection to it because I love Subway.

I'm also a big fan of the jugs of milk at Mac's - that's the usual kind of milk that we buy.  I also love their chocolate milk, but we rarely buy a whole jug of chocolate milk.  It would go way too quickly if we did.

I love that the expiry date is stamped right on the jug, that's my favourite part of Mac's Milk.
What about you?  Are you a snob about anything weird?

4 comments:

PMAC said...

Mmmm... Sealtest chocolate milk! Good choice! I do have to say, since you're blogging about milk... definitely a girl! ;)

ashlie said...

Not much longer until we find out! I haven't really been drinking a lot of milk, but I'm not much of a milk drinker. Lots of water though!

Falen (Sarah Ahiers) said...

we don't get any of those brands here. Because we're one of the dairy producers for the country, all we have are local brands, Land O'Lakes and stuff.

Sunny J said...

I remember Jagz being a Farquar man. I think it's a Red Lake thing(Chicken Chef! Chicken Chef!).