I'm looking for the perfect diaper bag. Something that isn't too diaper baggy. Something that's easy to clean, easy to carry, holds lots of stuff and looks decent. I'm the one carrying the bag around, not the kid. I hate it when diaper bags seem to have been designed to match the baby and not the grown up who has to drag the stupid thing around.
So really, what I've decided is that I'm looking for a new purse. But a multi-purpose purse. Diaper purse.
You might remember from this blog that I am already a big purse person. That's still the current purse I'm using. I would consider continuing to use it as a diaper bag, since I love it, but the liner is ripped and the leather is starting to come apart and it doesn't have enough compartments for a diaper bag.
Here's what I'm looking for in a new bag -
- Compartments. I want to make sure there's lots of pockets (preferably outside ones) so I can find my keys and cell phone without ripping the entire bag apart.
- Easy to clean. I'm leaning towards something in a canvas right now, something I could just toss in the washing machine when it inevitably becomes covered in vomit, be it from me or the baby.
- Options. I would like it to be able to be worn cross-body to keep my hands free, but also have the option of just going over my shoulder if need be.
- Large and in charge. I'm that person who likes to carry everything with them. I like to have a book and a notebook and pens and one of everything on hand. This will no doubt only become worse when the kid gets here and I have to cart all their junk around too.
- Pretty, but not too girly. I don't want it to be something that Jagger will refuse to carry.
- Easy to close, but not necessary to close. I don't want to have to fight with a zipper to close the thing, and I don't want it to have to be closed all the time.
- Reasonably priced. Seriously, some of these diaper bags are stupid expensive. If you think I'm spending $100 + on a diaper bag, you're mistaken.
Denim Tote from the Gap
American Eagle Utility Tote
Good old etsy.com always has some pretty options.
Here's a bag I've been drooling over for about a year from Moop.
So far, this bag is the frontrunner from Kinies. It's basically the same as the Moop one, but at a much more comfortable price.
Here's a view of the inside too - looks like there would be lots of room for my crap and the kid's crap.