Wednesday, 13 October 2010

About those new TV shows...

So here are my thoughts on the new crop of TV shows this season.  This is after having watched at least two episodes to try and give them a fair shake.

Lone Star - Oh Lone Star.  You only lasted two episodes, it's such a travesty.  I really enjoyed this show, and I think it could have really found an audience if it had only been given more of a chance.  Not the first time Fox has prematurely cancelled something.

My Generation - This one kind of deserved to be cancelled after two episodes.  The characters were not believable at all and I didn't connect with any of them.  The drama was some how both over the top and completely predictable.  So long.

The Defenders - Although this one isn't all that different from many other legal shows, I find it rather entertaining.  I love Vegas and I think it will provide some fun plotlines in the future.  I can't help it, I just find Jerry O'Connell so darn entertaining.

Undercovers - I'm still pretty meh on this show.  I want to like it so much more than I do, but I just can't seem to get into it.  So far, it seems to follow the same formula for each show - they get their mission, she seduces someone, husband saves her, they foil the plan.  I don't know, I'll give it another couple of weeks and see if that makes any difference.

The Whole Truth - This show is okay, but not my favourite.  If I had to pick between it and The Defenders, I would definitely go with The Defenders.  This one just seems like more of a show that I could only watch when they were doing some sort of extra-special episode rather than every episode.  Sounds like the ratings aren't so good for this one though, so it might not be around much longer.

Detroit 1-8-7 - Again, I want to like this show more than I actually do.  I love Michael Imperioli's character, but I haven't quite fallen in love with it yet.  I think it could still find its legs though, so I'll keep it in the rotation.

Hawaii Five-0 - I'm still not totally sold on this show.  It's definitely fun, but is it fun enough to keep me coming back every week?  Mondays have definitely not become "Hawaii Five-O night" yet, but Scott Caan and the theme song are entertaining enough to keep me coming back for a couple more weeks.

Running Wilde - I still have high hopes for this show.  The pilot was decent enough for a pilot (I find they're usually pretty meh as a rule, especially for comedies) but I found the second episodes to be disappointing.  We'll see where it goes from here, but I'm still in.

Blue Bloods - This show is pretty good, almost more like a movie than a show.  I haven't totally fallen for it, but it's nice to have something on on a Friday night, so I'll keep it around.

Sister Wives - Holy crap, have you seen this show?  It's fascinating.  I can't get over how interesting it is.    Polygamy is definitely not something I agree with, but the way these people live just blows my mind.

Chase - The first episode was okay, but the second episode really didn't hold my interest.  I think I'm pulling the plug on future viewing of this one.

The Event - This one has managed to hold my interest.  I'm not totally in love with it yet, but I'm intrigued enough to keep watching for a few more weeks and see where it goes.

Mike and Molly - I was out after one episode.  Too many fat jokes for me.  I think this show would have been much better if they could have just had the main characters as overweight people without constantly reminding us that they are overweight and therefore "not the norm".  Meh.

Bleep My Dad Says - Watched one episode, or at least most of one episode.  Such a waste of time.  It really seems like CBS did this just to say they did the first TV show inspired by a Twitter feed.  Lame.

No Ordinary Family -  The show might not be perfect, but it's fun.  I'm really enjoying it, and I wish I had that super-metabolism that the mom has...

2 comments:

Jen Daiker said...

Your blog is cool!!! I'm definitely sticking around!!! Of course my work computer hates to follow people so I'll have to visit again... haha, I think it's a ploy!!

I haven't really enjoyed any of the new shows, especially Lonestar, for me I think it wasn't good enough for the first taping, I've decided to stick with the one's I first enjoyed! House, Hells Kitchen, Glee, so on and so forth.

ashlie said...

Glad you enjoy it! I think Lone Star could have found its legs if it had been given a chance, but I guess we'll never know! I'm sticking mostly to my old standbys as far as shows are concerned, but I've definitely picked up a few new faves!