Thursday, 2 September 2010

Two Kinds of People: Staples v. Paper Clips

Are you a staple person or a paper clip person?  Here at work, staples vs. paper clips is a constant debate.  I myself am a big time staple person.  I hate using paperclips because they tend to get other things stuck to them.  However, I do insist on staples being done neatly.  Our courts on Mondays are big - often you'll be getting hundreds of stapled sets of informations ready for that day.  There is nothing worse than getting an information with 6,790 staples jammed in the upper left corner and pieces of paper sticking out everywhere.  Whenever I get a big court ready, I will sit and meticulously pull out all offending staples and tidy everything up.  It just makes me feel so much better.  If I get something that has something paper clipped to it, especially if it's a tiny little useless paper clip, that clip is going in the garbage.  I will only tolerate large paper clips - but I really prefer to use binder clips to hold temporary materials together.

I know, I've given this way too much thought.  But when you've become the person in the office that everyone else brings their spare binder clips to, you know you've got a reputation.

2 comments:

Falen (Sarah) said...

staples all the way, baby

Hannah Kincade said...

It depends on what I'm doing. Mostly I use paperclips at work but at home, it's one or the other depending on the item.