Monday, 20 September 2010

Fall TV is finally here!

Oh boy, this week is going to be a doozy!  The hubby's gone to a conference all week and I have the DVR all programmed and ready for fall TV!  I don't know what it is about this season, but I seem to want to watch every new show!

Here's my lineup and predictions for this week...

Monday
  • THE EVENT - This is the big new one on NBC, the big, mythological one that's supposed to be Lost, but not in the way that last year's Flashforward was supposed to be Lost.  I have high hopes it will last on my DVR!
  • LONESTAR - This one is being really hyped by FOX, a show about a guy with two lives.  It seems promising, and it was named one of the five best of the new season by Entertainment Weekly, so we'll give it a go.
  • HAWAII 5-0 - Another show that's been named one of the new shows to watch by Entertainment Weekly.  I'm excited for that theme song!
  • CHASE - Seems kind of lukewarm, but I'm going to check it out anyway.
  • MIKE & MOLLY - Not really my kind of sitcom, but I thought I would check it out.  People seem to be having good things to say about it.
Tuesday
  • GLEE - I can't wait for this show to return!  It's such a dose of happy.
  • RUNNING WILDE - A new show on Fox starring Will Arnett and Keri Russell - David Cross is in it too, so they've been hyping it as something to fill the void left by Arrested Development.  I don't think it's going to be quite that good, but it's worth checking out.
  • DETROIT 1-8-7 - Cop/Legal procedural dramas aren't usually my thing, but I'm checking this one out, if only because Michael Imperioli is in it.
  • NO ORDINARY FAMILY - It doesn't start until next week, but I'm super excited for this show.  It's like The Incredibles on TV!
Wednesday
  • AMERICA's NEXT TOP MODEL - Love this show.  It started a couple of weeks ago, and this week is finally the makeover show!  I want to see tears!
  • THE DEFENDERS - Again, legal shows aren't usually my thing, but this one seems promising and seems to have a funny edge to it.
  • UNDERCOVERS - The much-hyped new JJ Abrams vehicle.  I'm there.
  • MODERN FAMILY - I can't wait to see what they have in store for this show this season!
  • COUGAR TOWN - I love this show, it's another little dose of happy.  I can't wait to see Jennifer Aniston guest starring and see what shenanigans the cast gets into this year.  (Yes, this show has shenanigans)
  • THE WHOLE TRUTH - Again, not usually my thing, but this one seems interesting since you see both the defence and the prosecution side. 
Thursday
  • BIG BANG THEORY - I made an effort to watch reruns of this over the summer, so we'll see if I keep it up this year.  I'm still not totally sold on it, but I find it amusing enough to keep watching.
  • 30 ROCK - Always entertaining - I can't wait for the live episode in October!
  • GREY'S ANATOMY - After walking away from the show in Season 5, I'm so glad I came back for Season 6.  Season 7 is shaping up to look pretty awesome with everyone recovering from the shooting at the hospital.
  • FRINGE - The second season was amazing, I can't wait to see what they come up with for this season! 
  • THE OFFICE - It's Steve Carrell's last season on the show, so it should make for interesting plots.
  • MY GENERATION - Seems a little lame, but I'm signed on if only for the fact that it's about a bunch of people who graduated high school in the year 2000 because I graduated high school in the year 2000!  They'll be just like me, right?!
Friday
  • BLUE BLOODS - Tom Selleck and his mustache plays the head of a cop family.  It's been getting great reviews, and it would be nice to have a show on Friday nights.
  • MEDIUM - I haven't kept up with this show much since about season 4, but I'd like to get back into it since every season seems to be teetering on cancellation.
Saturday
  • SNL - Is looking awesome this season!  So far the hosts announced have been Amy Poehler, Jane Lynch, Emma Stone, Bryan Cranston and Jon Hamm.  I can't wait!
Sunday
  • MAD MEN - Still has a few weeks left of this season.  It's been so amazing, I don't want it to end!
  • DEXTER - Is back with a guilty conscience, but unfortunately I don't get his channel!  I'll have to wait for the DVDs.
  • THE SIMPSONS - Have no fears, we'll have stories for years.  I can't wait to see the season premiere with Bret and Jermaine from Flight of the Conchords as well as some of the Glee kids.
  • THE CLEVELAND SHOW - This show has really grown on me, it's so darn funny.
  • FAMILY GUY - It's been a little hit and miss, but really, what else am I watching on a Sunday night?
  • AMERICAN DAD - As much as it makes me hate myself, I've learned to love this little show.
  • THE WALKING DEAD - This one doesn't start until Halloween on AMC, but I'm pumped.  We're reading some Walking Dead for graphic novel group in October and I can't wait to see what AMC does with it.  Zombies every week!
So, that's what my weeks are looking like.  What new shows are you excited for?

No comments: