Sunday, 8 August 2010

Pros and Cons of Life with a Preggo...

Conversation 1:

Scene:  I just got home from work and sat down with one of my favourite snacks - mozzerella cheese and digestive cookies.

Jagger:  Can I have a cheese and cracker?
Me:  They're not crackers, they're digestive cookies.
Jagger:  Oh, okay.  Can I just have some cheese?  (Begins to reach for a piece of cheese...)
Me:  No, that'll throw off the whole ratio!
Jagger:  Grumble, grumble.

Conversation 2:

Scene:  A weird in-between time, do we want lunch, do we want a snack...you know how it goes.  I get up to get a snack.

Jagger:  Can you get me an apple?  I don't really want lunch.

I go out to the kitchen and make us each a plate with apples, cheese, digestive cookies (for me) and some pepperettes and come back out with Jagger's plate.

Me:  Here you go, honey.
Jagger:  Looks at his plate with surprise.  Aw, you cut up my apple!  And - oh!  There's a whole snacky plate here!  Oh, honey, I love you.
Me:  Yeah, I love you too.

See?  It's not all bad.

5 comments:

Palindrome said...

LOL, what's a digestive cookie??

ashlie said...

They're just lightly sweetened cookies, kind of like a graham cracker, but different...are they a Canadian thing? I didn't realize that wasn't something people knew about!

Jenn said...

Digestives! LOL. They were a fave when I was younger. Have never tried them with cheese though...Hmmmm.

I remember when I was little that I was a little weired out by the name though—as if in my young brain the word digestive automatically translated into something more closer to laxative.

I am soooooo sorry if that was gross:)

OMFG! THen, guess what my VF was? (Says the gilr who NEVER plays the VF game—eva.)

I sweat to you, it's "ingest."

Stranger things have happened…

ashlie said...

Ha, Jenn! That's too funny. Yeah, I remember thinking that digestive cookies were for old people when I was younger, like they helped to settle your stomach or something. It is a weird name. Try them with mozzerella cheese though - it's so good!

Jenn said...

I am ashamed of the number of typos in my previous post:S

LOL