That being said, I'm super excited for May. Ever notice how sometimes lots of good things just get lumped together and you end up with weeks and weeks of awesomeness? That's what May is shaping up to be for me.
So far in May, I have...
- May 1st - Free Comic Book Day - My favourite non-holiday holiday. Last year was the first time we went out for FCBD and it was so much fun. I highly recommend it. It's exactly what it says it is, you go to a comic book store, you get free comics! It's a super fun day. The comic book stores in London have passports so you get a stamp at each store and then can enter to win lots of awesome prizes. Wear comfortable shoes, bring a good bag for all your loot! Now if only I could decide what to wear...
- May 4th - The new Sookie Stackhouse book and the new Chuck Palahniuk books are released - I'm so excited for these books, and the fact that they're out on the same day makes it even sweeter. Even though that means I'll have to spring for two hardcovers in the same day...
- May 7th - Iron Man 2 - Our graphic novel group is going on a field trip to see this movie on May 8th, but it's released May 7th, so I'll put down that date. The comic book store has rented out a theatre, so we can go see it for $2 and then meet back at LA Mood to discuss "Demon in a Bottle". It should be super fun - you should contact LA Mood if you're interested!
- May 8th - M&M Barbeque - I love going to this every year. For a minimum donation (I believe it's $2.50) you get a drink, hot dog or hamburger and chips, and it's all for a good cause. Check out your local M&M Meat Shops and get in on the deal!
- Sometime mid-May - I get to be an aunt! - My sister is due mid-May, and I can't wait to meet my first niece. It's felt like it's been a really long time coming, and I can't wait to meet her!
- May 15th - Jays Game - Jagger and I are meeting his parents in Toronto to check out a Jays game. This day gets bonus points because I'll get a soft pretzel at the game - my favourite food ever!
- May 20th - Times Talks LOST - I've blogged about this before, but I'm so excited! I've already got my ticket for this amazing live broadcast interview with Damon and Carlton, just a few days before the finale of LOST. It should be an awesome night!
- May 23rd - The End. - Even though it's bittersweet, I'm definitely excited for the finale of LOST. This season has been just stellar, and I can't wait to see how it's all going to end. I have every confidence that the finale is going to be satisfying.
- May 24th - May 2-4 on May 24th! Not only is it a holiday Monday, which is always awesome, but I will have a whole day to mope around the house and mourn LOST...or to compulsively read blogs for everyone's reactions...probably a little of both.
- May 25th - True Blood Season 2 - I haven't seen the second season of True Blood yet, since I have yet to win the argument that we need HBO. I'm hoping the eighth season of Curb Your Enthusiasm will help to convince Jagger that we do, but we'll see. This should also help to calm me down after the end of LOST.
- May 28th - Sex and the City 2 - I can't believe I forgot about this - thank goodness my friend Jerri reminded me! I'm super pumped for this movie, I have been watching the trailer way too much. My plan is to go see it on opening night at the VIP theatre with some girls, where there will no doubt be lots of pretty fruity drinks to be consumed! Fun!
What about you, do you have lots of fun stuff coming up to look forward to?