Anyway, I mentioned this recipe on facebook and some people were interested in the recipe so I figured I would throw it up here. We're doing more Rachael Ray recipes and have been for a while, but I haven't been bothering to take pictures and upload every recipe. This one was really tasty and there's lots of room for options.
Serves: 4 Prep: 25 min (plus resting) Bake: 30 mins
- Four 7-inch whole wheat tortillas
- 10 asparagus stalks, trimmed and cut into 1-inch pieces
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 1/2 red onion, finely chopped
- 4 ounces sliced mushrooms (about 1 1/2 cups)
- salt and pepper
- one 4-ounce log goat cheese
- 3 eggs
- 1/2 cup plain yogurt, preferably Greek-style
1. Preheat the oven to 375 degrees. In a greased 9-inch pie plate, overlap the tortillas to make a crust. (I thought initially that 4 tortillas seemed excessive, but after cooking it I realized that having 4 really helps to make sure you have a high "crust" around the edges to keep all the goodness in. It really didn't seem like a thick crust or anything, but you could easily cut back and use fewer tortillas, or just one larger tortilla if you wanted less bread.)
2. Place pie plate on a rimmed baking sheet.
3. Meanwhile, fill a large nonstick skillet a third of the way with salted water; bring to a boil. Add the asparagus and cook until crisp-tender, about 1 minutes. Drain, rinse under cold water and pat dry.
4. Wipe out the skillet, add the olive oil and heat over medium-high heat. Add the onion and mushrooms, season with salt and pepper and cook until the mushrooms are golden, about 3 minutes. Stir in the asparagus; season with salt and pepper. Spread evenly in the tortilla crust, then crumble the cheese on top.
5. In a medium bowl, whisk together the eggs and yogurt and season with salt and pepper; pour into the tortilla crust. Bake on the baking sheet until just set in the center and lightly golden, about 30 minutes. Let rest for about 10 minutes before serving.
That's it, pretty simple recipe, and with great results! We thought it would be nice to have some turkey or leftover chicken or something thrown in it next time. This would be a good using up leftovers recipe to have around.
Let me know if you try it out!