2010 is shaping up to be a very big year, so laying it all out in a list will hopefully help me keep things straight.
1. Find our first home. This is the big one. We're starting the house hunt, and we're both super excited and super scared.
2. Work on growing a person. Once we have the house, we're ready to start trying to fill it up. My sister is having a baby in May, and it would be awesome if there were cousins who are close in age.
3. Make our new house a home. This is really exciting to me. The idea of finding unique pieces to fill our house and make it special is something that I've been waiting to do for a long time. It's just not the same with an apartment.
4. In order to make our house a home, I would really like to find some fantastic vintage pieces of furniture and work on refinishing them myself.
5. Along the same lines, I want to get myself a new sewing machine and learn how to use it. I have big plans for pillow making and who knows what else I'll get into!
6. Keep track of the books I read. I mentioned this in my last post, I've started keeping track of the books that I read. I think it will be fun to look back at the end of the year and see all the ground I've covered.
7. Try to be more creative in the kitchen. I tend to fall back on the staples, but I blame this on the fact that our current kitchen is basically a closet. My hope is that once we have a house, I'll be free to cook more interesting and complicated things.
8. Host parties! I can't wait to have the room to be able to invite people over. We've already decided that we're having a cheeseburger picnic themed housewarming party - I can't wait!
9. Take care of myself. Not only physically, but financially. I would really like to make some good headway on my debt this year. This is definitely easier said than done!
10. Enjoy a satisfying finale to LOST. Oh yes, 2010 is a big year indeed. Come May, we'll know how LOST all ends, and I am confident that Darlton will not disappoint us.
Okay, I think ten is enough. What about you? Any hopes, wishes, plans, goals for 2010?