Thursday, 14 January 2010

I love it when that happens...

The best thing happened last night. I love it when this happens, and it doesn't happen very often. It's like finding a unicorn.

We went to bed early last night, for once. Usually bedtime is around 11:00-11:30, which usually means I don't fall asleep until closer to 12:00. Last night I was in bed watching House Hunters at 10:00 while hubby dozed off. I turned out the light at 10:30, it was bliss. I fell asleep quickly for once, and it was awesome.

Of course, those glasses of water I had before bed reared their ugly head eventually, forcing me out of my warm bed to go to the bathroom.

Now, I don't know about you, but when I have to get up in the middle of the night, I make a concentrated effort not to look at the clock. I stumble around in the dark, eyes half closed, not turning on any lights. I do whatever I can to preserve my sleep-like state. Last night I was extra tired when I got up. I remember thinking, "Man, I hope it's not close to 6:30, I really don't want to wake up yet." Usually, I will wake up like that mere minutes before the alarm is set to go off and I don't get the best sleep of all - the falling back asleep sleep. Anyway, as I'm stumbling back to bed, for whatever reason I peeked at the alarm clock. I was fully expecting it to say something close to 6:00, meaning I would be woken up by the alarm clock soon but instead I saw the most glorious sight...

1:18 a.m.

Man, that's awesome. To be able to crawl back into bed knowing that I have hours and hours of sleeping ahead of me yet. Best. Sleep. Ever.

5 comments:

Erin said...

One of the most underrated and yet privately celebrated joys of this industrialized life, to be sure.

PMAC said...

What a great feeling!

Anonymous said...

Erin said it all! lol

This actually happened to me last night too...

BEST FEELING EVER...well definitely close anyways!

Aunt Jill

ashlie said...

Yay! I'm so glad that other people feel the same! It is a rare treat for sure! I hope you all have something equally lovely happen to you all!

Blam said...

Man, that's awesome. To be able to crawl back into bed knowing that I have hours and hours of sleeping ahead of me yet. Best. Sleep. Ever.
Agreed! Yeah, I know I'm late to the party... I replied to this post when it was new, but my 'Net connection dropped out and the comment never got published. I had this experience the other night, though, and thought better late than never. Oh, the good sleeping, how it rocks.
...
VW: ressiciv — What the gene for bad spelling apparently is not in the Verification family.