Friday, 22 January 2010

House!


Well, it looks like we've done it! We made an offer on a house yesterday and it was accepted! Things have been set into motion, and it's happening very quickly! We have to get our home inspection figured out and our financing secured before next Friday, so it's going to be a very, very busy week! Closing date is March 1st, I can hardly believe it!


We're not really excited yet, because we're too busy being terrified right now. I'm sure that once we get through everything next week we'll get more into excitement mode. It's a huge step, and one that I've been looking forward to for a really, really long time.

7 comments:

Sylvia Lewis-Havard said...

Congrats Ashlie - that is so exciting, and holy crap was it fast!! Hopefully everything goes smoothly.

One questions - what were the slippers for in your bag of house-hunting gear? Did you really put slippers on to look at houses? make yourself right at home that's so cool/funny!

Stacey said...

Congrats!!!! I'll be keeping my fingers crossed for you guys!!!

ashlie said...

Yeah, I love wearing slippers - I'm rarely in just sock feet anymore! Slippers just make me feel more comfortable and help to stop me from falling down stairs (which happens more often than I'd care to admit!)

Thanks for the congrats!

Joan Crawford said...

YAY! What a cute house - and it has a nice tree, too. This is very exciting, keep us posted and tell us all about the inside of the house too!

ashlie said...

We have the home inspection tomorrow and I'm going to take lots of pictures!

Blam said...

Very belated congrats on the house, Ashlie!

New Wife said...

congrats! And the fear will go away, I promise!