Monday, 21 December 2009

House Mouse

I am what you might call a house mouse. I like being at home, in my jogging pants with my slippers and my own things. Sure, I enjoy being social, but I'm never unhappy to just sit in my living room and putter. Jagger, on the other hand, gets restless. He likes to go out and see people and do things, especially on the weekend. This past weekend we had a rather lazy time. Lots of Christmas shopping and I worked on transcripts for the bulk of the weekend. On Saturday I didn't take a shower until 6:00 p.m. and on Sunday I just took a bath before bed. Lovely.

I can't wait for next week when it's nothing but lounging as far as the eye can see! I'm off work as of 11:30 this Thursday until 8:00 a.m. on January 4th and could not be more excited about it! Jagger's going to his parents from the 26th to the 30th, so I'll have lots of time to get lots of nothing done.

My plans for the week include...

- Reading, reading and more reading! I have an obscene stack of comic books waiting for me (including the entire Blackest Night series thus far - gah!) and I can't wait to settle into an entire afternoon of going through them all! I will also hopefully have lots of new Christmas books to keep me occupied, as well as lots of reading to be done for January's Graphic Novel Group meeting (it's Batman month!)
- DVD/Blu-Ray watching! I'm still behind on the LOST rewatch I'm participating in over on Nikki's blog so I plan on spending a solid day having a LOST marathon and can't wait! I also need to finish watching Mad Men season 2 and would like to rewatch True Blood season 1. Also, hopefully I'll have lots of new movies and TV shows to watch from Christmas!
- Knitting! I started knitting a blanket for some friends who had a baby...I started it in March, and the baby was born in August and it's still unfinished. Terrible. Knitting usually goes along with watching Mad Men (it makes me feel domestic) but never with watching LOST. I have to make notes while watching LOST. (I know, go ahead and laugh)
- Movie theatre-going! I'm already planning to go see NINE with my friend Jerri, and I still want to see The Fantastic Mr. Fox with my friend Jenn. Jagger and I also have plans to see Avatar with our friends Dan and Amanda, so there should be lots of movie attendance for me over the break! Movie-going also involves me wearing jogging pants, and often me wearing slippers as well.
- Purging of things! Christmas always makes me want to organize - out with the old, in with the new! I desperately need to go through things and get rid of lots of stuff, it should have been done after the wedding, but somehow I never got around to it. Hopefully I can get lots of this done while Jagger is gone, and then when we do get around to moving, it should be a breeze!

Beyond that, it should be a nice, quiet break. I'm house/dogsitting for the week, so that should be fun.

What about you? Any big plans to do something or to do nothing over the holidays?

4 comments:

Joan Crawford said...

Aw! A house mouse! So much cuter sounding than "home-body". Our plans are constructing a gingerbread house (when you have a 2 year old and 5 year old as your architect and decorator...it takes a long time and many attempts), visiting family, going to a Christmas light show - over 250,000 lights :0, pics with Santa and then a whole whack of family visits!

Enjoy your quiet reading time and Merry Christmas you and Jagger!

ashlie said...

Merry Christmas to you and yours, Joan! I hope the gingerbread house construction goes well! I expect it to meet Mike Holmes approval!

bruce_Carla said...

it doesn't sound like you will be doing nothing...sounds like you will be quite busy in fact. but it will be all things you enjoy so it prolly feels like nothing.
Merry Christmas Ashy!

Anonymous said...

I like the term house mouse so much better than hermit (which is what I tend to call myself!). I love being at home, chilling on the couch. Problem is I never get to sit, there always seems to be things to do!

And like I told you before, no need to feel bad about Alex's blanket, it took my mom 12 years to finish mine!!

Lisa