Monday, 7 December 2009

Booky Wooks

I don't really need another reason for wanting to move out of the apartment, but I thought I would share with you all one of the major reasons for needing more room.

Well, more than one reason...I'm not sure how many there are, but probably close to 1500 reasons...
That is my main bookcase. Once upon a time, it was my only bookcase. I once spent a full eight hours buying this bookcase, bringing it home, trying to put it together, trying to return it, bringing it back to the apartment, gluing it together like crazy and finally being able to use it. This is what it looked like when I first put it together, only two years ago...

Look at all that empty space! I can't believe it was like that once! And that that was the only bookcase we had! Now in addition to this bookcase that is packed to capacity we also had to add this bookcase...

Not nearly as big, but just as packed. We also have a special little bookcase just for the comic books that are now slowly taking over the apartment...

It's not nearly enough space - that box is full of comics that need to be bagged and boarded and set up properly in files...things are out of control.

So yeah, it's time to find a new place for all these books to live. A house with built-in bookcases would be a dream come true.

2 comments:

Joan Crawford said...

I love it! We have a giant overstuffed 6 foot by 6 foot bookcase in our living room...and piles of books in the bathrooms, and stacks in the bed rooms and a ton that I never unpacked when we moved. I LOVE the color of your walls in the living room.
You don't really need too much art on the walls if you have giant bookcases everywhere - so jealous of yours! :)

ashlie said...

Ha - thanks! The colour of the walls is called "Worn Boots"...I tend to pick paint colours by their names! I'm not sure if that bookcase will suvive the move when we leave the apartment, it's largely held together by glue and the strengthe of the books at this point, I suspect!