Friday, 27 November 2009

Is this annoying?

Whenever someone compliments me on something, like say my shoes, I tend to follow it up with "Thanks, I got it at blank for blank amount". I only say this because I don't tend to spend a lot of clothes, so I think it's fun to tell people that the awesome shirt I'm wearing only cost $7. My classic story is when I tell people about these two skirts that I have that were originally $120 each at Club Monaco and I got them on clearance for $20 each. Awesome.

My question is, is it annoying to give people that information? I always like hearing when someone got a good deal on something, but I've always worried that it bothers people. It's not like I ever have anything expensive on to brag about!

3 comments:

Stacey said...

Not annoying at all! I do the same thing! Not so much about my clothes, but with Brady's. I find that if you don't tell them, they usually ask anyways! That should be a new segment on your blog! Fashion Fridays!!!!

ashlie said...

Ha, I think I would run out of things to say pretty quickly! Let's see, next Friday could be how to pretend that you're fashionable by wearing interesting shoes with boring old jeans and T-shirts! Here comes the revolution!

Joan Crawford said...

Haha! I do the same thing! "Thanks! I got it for 16 bucks! Can you believe it!?" Apparently, you are just supposed to say "Thank you" but I like to know about good deals too :D