Monday, 9 November 2009

An Early New Years Resolution?

I'm not big on resolutions at New Years time...I always figured that if I wanted to do something, I would just do it because I want to, not because I changed the calendar. However, today I did make a change. It's nothing big, but we'll see how it goes. Today I started a food diary. I've never been the type to watch what I eat or anything, I'm usually quite content to eat what I want and just keep active to balance things out. I thought it would be helpful for me to have a better idea of exactly what I'm eating though. I have a terrible habit of grazing, and I know it's because I just lose track of what I'm eating. I'm that person who will cook dinner and eat all the ingredients along the way - some cheese here, a couple of pieces of pasta there (just to see if it's cooked or not, you know how it is) and before you know it, I'm full before I even sit down to dinner. So, I thought it would help to try to keep track and write things down as I'm eating so I have a record of it. We'll see how it goes, it might end up lasting a couple of days before I want to start hiding from it. Don't worry, I won't start blogging about all of meals, not yet at least.

No comments: