Sunday, 4 October 2009

CD List

Hey there, at Joan's request, here is the playlist of the CDs that we're using as favours...

1. Happen Now - Joel Plaskett
Jagger was really into this song the summer we got together. The lyrics were really appropriate at the time, "What do you want me to do to make it happen now"

2. Relentless - Raised by Swans
A great song by a great London band. We went to see them play at Call The Office once and one of their amps caught on fire.

3. No Goodbyes - Don Ross
This is the song that I'll be using to walk down the aisle.

4. Wonderwall - Ryan Adams
Our first dance song. We both love this version. If you haven't heard it, you should really check it out.

5. Use Your Words - Owen
One of the artists that Jagger introduced me to. Again, if you haven't heard of him, check it out.

6. Ultimatum - The Long Winters
This was one of the songs on the many mixed CDs Jagger made me when we first started dating.

7. Passage - Antoine Dufour
We'll be playing this while signing the register.

8. The Power of Love - Huey Lewis & The News
This is the song we'll be playing for our recessional. I'm so excited - right after we kiss, this song comes on. It'll be like the end of an '80s movie.

9. To Be With You - Mr. Big
Seriously, does anyone not love this song?

10. Believe - The Northern Pikes
Yay Northern Pikes. Another band that Jagger got me into.

11. Blizzard of '77 - Nada Surf
This was also a song from Jagger's mixed CD's.

12. I Want To Know Your Plans - Say Anything
One of my all time favourite songs, and a front runner for our first dance.

13. Talk Tonight - Oasis
This song was on our CD's as well, and reminds us both of the many late nights we spent talking on the phone.

14. IZ-US - Aphex Twin
Another mixed CD song. Something a little different for a wedding CD.

15. Lateralus - Tool
Ah, Tool. Jagger's favourite band.

16 - The Stone - Prepboy
This was one of the last songs that Prepboy (Jagger's old band) wrote, and they never got a chance to record it. So, for a gift for our best man - who was the drummed in the band - Jagger went to the trouble of recording it.

Well, there you go. What do you think? I'll try to keep updates this week on the wedding planning process as we gear up for the wedding on Saturday. I can't believe it'll be here in less than a week. Yikes.

4 comments:

Joan Crawford said...

That's so awesome! I love the 80's movie ending! I think your wedding is going to be amazing - all your hard work will really pay off! This weekend! Ahh! Mr.Big Hahaha - I loved that song when I was a kid!

*I'm the one who wants to be with you Be With You!*

Sylvia Lewis-Havard said...

that's such a great idea for a gift!! Who doesn't appreciate a mixed cd? And usually ppl don't need wine bottle toppers anyways.

dunno if you saw this on Etsy: (not that you probably need to spend anymore time on Etsy right now - sorry!!)

http://www.etsy.com/view_listing.php?listing_id=29881185&ref=sr_list_1&&ga_search_query=groomsmen+gift&ga_search_type=&ga_page=11&order=date_desc&includes[]=tags&includes[]=title

Jenea said...

It's cool song!!! You listen with Ipod?

ashlie said...

Thanks, guys! I hope people liked the CD's, we sure think it's a good mix! Sylvia - that poster is amazing! I so wish I had seen that before! Etsy can always be counted on for something new that I don't need!