Wednesday, 2 September 2009

Gettin' Things Done

Well, it's September, which means I can officially say that the wedding is next month.

Deep breaths, deep breaths!

The biggest thing right now is that we're waiting on reply cards.  Here's what we've got so far...

The stack on the left is the "Can't Wait!" pile, and the one on the right is the "Can't Make It. Pile.  

Our wedding has been very popular.

Yesterday was our last day for reply cards, which apparently means nothing.  We've gotten two more today and we're still waiting on 23 more.  I'm sure we'll get most of them in by the end of the week, but there will no doubt be some phone calls and emails to be made next week to a few slackers!

As promised, here's a picture of the headpiece I got...

See?  Flowery/feathery thing.  I'm happy with it, it's something without being a huge veil, which was what I was going for.  It doesn't compete with the rest of the dress, and it doesn't look like I'm trying to match it to the flowers on my dress, which I really didn't want to do.  You can't really tell from the picture, but the main flower is the exact champagney colour of my dress - success!  I'm really glad I didn't go DIY on this one, I'm still not happy with how much this cost, but I think it is worth it over the tears and meltdowns that I no doubt would have had if I tried to make something similar on my own.  You can put a price on mental health.  I don't know what to do with my hair yet, I'm having a trial run in a couple of weeks.  I'm pretty much leaving it up to my mom though, as I usually do.  

I've been trying to set up all the appointments and running around that I can for the next couple of weeks.  We just found out that Jagger is going to be going to a conference for a week towards the end of September, which means that I'll be on my own very close to the wedding.  I'm sure the week will go one of two ways.  Either I'll get all kinds of work done and go into hyperdrive getting things done and put into place, or I'll completely meltdown and fall apart and stomp my feet and sit on the couch watching "Mad Men" in my jogging pants.  

Oh wait, I'm sitting on the couch watching "Mad Men" right now...well, it's a likely scenario.

It's strange to think that the wedding is coming up so quickly, it seems like we just got engaged, but it's been almost a year already.  September is so obscenely busy for us, it's definitely going to fly by.  It's exciting though, and I'll be glad to have it over with, as terrible as that sounds.

I just have to keep my to do list close at hand and I'm sure I'll survive.  

My craft projects need some attention for sure though.  I have to finish my thank you cards, guest book time capsule, make more CD envelopes for the favours if I have to, make the insert card for the CD's, and anything else I can think of.

Honestly, I don't know what I did with all my time before this crazy wedding.  Oh right, I probably went to the gym, which is why I'm so squishy now.  I officially have no gym membership until after the wedding, thanks to the fact that I have to pay as a yearly lump sum, and that money can just be better spent on the wedding right now.  Until after the wedding, it's Wii Fit and running for me.  

What about you?  What are you up to?  Any ideas for me for the wedding?  We have two weddings to go to this month, one this weekend.  I'm excited to go to the weddings, but at the same time I'm afraid I'll see some new project that I'll want to try!

No comments: