Saturday, 8 August 2009

Saturday mornings

I've never been a morning person.  During the week, I wake up and fall back to sleep again 3-4 times over the course of a half hour.  But there is something to be said for waking up early and getting things done.  I love the feeling of waking up and getting things accomplished first thing in the morning.  Today, for example, I got up at 7:00 (I'm aware that this isn't exactly dawn, but it's early for me on the weekends) and went for a run.  I love seeing the different kinds of people who are out first thing in the morning; people in their pajamas walking their dogs, groups of women out for a power walk (who no doubt follow it up with coffee, sweets and gossip), other runners and early morning yard sale hunters.  I live in Wortley Village, which is pretty much the prettiest place in London, if not Southwestern Ontario.  It's so nice to run through it and look at all the lovely old houses and perfect little lawns.  After my run I had time to shower and go to the grocery store to get items to make zucchini bread.  So here I sit, 9:30 in the morning, showered, dressed, zucchini bread in the oven, watching shows from the PVR, waiting to head out to the Graphic Novel Group meeting at 11:00.  Yes, there's something to be said for this feeling.  Normally, I stumble out of bed 45 minutes before I have to go somewhere, giving me just enough time to shower, dress, maybe dry my hair a little bit before running out the door with a granola bar in hand.  If I could only get into the habit of getting up early, I would get so much more done.  I blame my laziness on my bed though.  It's old, a hand me down of a hand me down and leads to many nights of tossing and turning and waking up creaky and older than my time.  I keep telling myself that if I had a better bed, then I could sleep better and therefore require less sleep and get more things done.  The beauty of this theory is that I won't be able to disprove it until long after the wedding when we can actually afford a new bed, so I have many months of being lazy ahead of me.

In other news, check your London Free Press today, my friend Dan Brown (not the DaVinci Code Dan Brown) was kind enough to feature my blog in the Comment section of the paper today.

We're heading to Widder Station this afternoon to check out linens and have some other wedding talk, I'm sure Jagger's thrilled.  Only two months and two days to go, it's coming up quickly.  I've started working on a new craft for the wedding, I'm sure I'll have pictures of what a horrific failure it's turned out to be coming soon!

Have a great day everyone!

3 comments:

Erica said...

Hi Ashlie. I found your blog through the LFP :) I'm a London blogger as well, recently married, and my sister is getting married next weekend - check out fiveblondes.com for details!
Looking forward to reading more :)
Erica

comicbooklady said...

And what great zucchini bread it was! thanks so much for bringing it!

ashlie said...

Erica, so nice of you to stop by! I checked out your blog with my mother hanging over my shoulder, and she was much more impressed by yours that she was by mine!

Carol, is that you? I was more than happy to bring the zucchini bread, especially since I got to eat lots of it!