Sunday, 9 August 2009

Heat

Ugh, it's hot. And I'm trying so hard not to complain about the heat because all everyone's been saying all summer is how not hot it is. I'm having one of those procrastinating days where you actually get things accomplished just by trying to avoid doing the things you really should do. Case in point, so far today I've done the dishes, cooked breakfast, baked muffins, did the laundry and rearranged the bedroom. What I should be doing is cleaning the apartment, working on something wedding-related and typing transcripts. I type transcripts at home on a freelance basis as sort of a part-time job. The only problem with it is that I have to be sitting while I type (since I use a foot pedal to control the recording) and the desk is in the living room, directly adjacent to the TV. Not so easy to type something while the TV is blaring baseball. Also, the air conditioner is in the bedroom, not the living room. Sigh. If I had more room in the bedroom, then I would gladly move the desk down there, but it's just not an option. One day we'll have a house and I can have a whole office that I can use to type...but then I'll have to think up a new excuse...

What are you all up to on this warm summer day?

4 comments:

Dan Brown said...

Did you hear a woman in Port Franks was killed during last night's storm? Check lfpress.com. It's not known if she was hit by lightning but she tried to take refuge from the storm under a dinghy. Talk about killer weather . . .

ashlie said...

Wow, I hadn't heard that, but just went and read the article. Weather in Port Franks can get really crazy, really fast. I can remember when I was younger being at the beach and seeing a storm coming in off the lake and you could almost see the electricity in the air, it was very eerie. I'll have to call my mom and see if she had any damage from the storm last night.

Dan Brown said...

Oh, and they've confirmed it was lightning. A firefighter said the bolt blew the dingy apart. I can't even imagine.

ashlie said...

Yeah, I talked to my mom and she said the storm wasn't the worst she's ever seen out there - we definitely remember one worse. It's an awful story though, very sad.