Monday, 17 August 2009

Finally, some sun!

Hello, all! Well, I don't know about anyone else, but I had a lovely weekend. I left work early on Friday to go to the passport office and was in and out in 15 minutes, what a start. Then Jagger and I went to Red Lobster for lunch (mmm, lobster pizza), I took a quick nap and we went to the Hyland for a matinee showing of "Whatever Works". I love Larry David, it was strange seeing him playing someone other than himself though. But, in this movie he basically plays Woody Allen, so it wasn't much of a stretch. It was pretty entertaining, we both liked it. After the movie, we impulsively decided to buy DVD's and went and got Season 2 of Flight of the Conchords and I Love You, Man. Our evening was capped off with I Love You, Man and I fell asleep to The Food Network and Jagger played Wii Sports Resort until 2:00 in the morning. Lovely.

Saturday I got up early to go for a run and cleaned the apartment, then we went to mom's. That afternoon we had a beach party to go to. It was awesome to sit out on the beach, drink some beer, enjoy the water and the sunset. It was a party thrown by the justice of the peace who will be marrying us, and she has a beautiful place on the lake, just an awesome set up. Keg fridge everywhere! We had an awesome dinner of Greek food too, it was a great night.

Sunday we had another barbeque at a trailer at Paradise Valley. It was a staff party for my former officemates, who are now Jagger's coworkers, so I get to tag along. It's always so nice to get to see those girls, and we had a great time enjoying the sun there too. I made my nacho dip and a peanut-butter brownie pie, which both went over well. I was running around all morning making them though, since of course I left going to the grocery store until the last minute, silly me.

It was just so great to get out of the city and spend some time outside, we definitely made the most of the sun!

Today I got the email saying that my wedding dress is in - yay! This is the big thing for me, the thing that will make everything seem really real. I'm going to try it on on Friday afternoon, so hopefully it all goes smoothly and it doesn't need too many alterations.

In other wedding news, I had a bunch of invitations returned in the mail last week, not exactly what I wanted to find in the mailbox. In any event, they were all my grandma's friends, so I just brought them to her and she'll deliver them for me. So once again, I've gotten rid of all my invitations. We've only gotten one "Can't Make It" so far (as opposed to "Can't Wait!"). The reply cards seem to be coming in pretty steadily, it makes the mail fun again! It's nice to have something other than bills in the mailbox!

The ball is rolling on my shower/bachelorette party as well, which is my biggest stress. I think it's stressing me out so much because I'm not controlling it. I'm sure it will all be fine though, I just need to stop thinking about it. It's on September 26th, which is only 2 weeks before the wedding, so I'm sure I'll need something to take my mind off everything by then.

How was everyone else's weekend? I hope everyone got to enjoy the sun!

No comments: