Thursday, 13 August 2009

Craftfail.

Last night I got some wedding crafting done, just paper stuff. I made some thank you cards for my bridal shower thing (which is causing me extreme amounts of stress), started some thank you cards for the wedding and assembled some ceremony programs. Things are moving along well. I had a minor craftfail with the wedding thank you cards though, thanks to my stupid ideas.


I had this great idea for a card from this book, DIY Bride, that I was excited about. It's basically a plain card and you put your picture on the front then make a little cover for the picture that gets tied together and opens up to reveal the picture. It's called a peek-a-boo card and is terribly cute. I don't have any pictures of an assembled one though, we'll see how it goes. I might have to scrap the whole peek-a-boo part and just make it a boring card since I screwed it up royally last night. What was worse was my attempt at sewing. I got this great idea that since I was using brown card stock for the base of the card, I would put a piece of cream card stock on the inside as my writing service. Then I thought it would look just great if I sewed that cream card stock down using a contrasting colour thread. I don't know where I get these ideas from. Needless to say, it ended terribly, with a broken needle on my sewing machine and a mangled card. I didn't take pictures of that either, it was too pathetic. So, it's back to standard double stick tape for me!


My other craftfail, I did take a picture of. It's just so sad that it's funny. I love the button and felt flowers that Princess Lasertron makes. Here's an example of what I was trying to do...





Shut up, right? Isn't it adorable? I love these flowers so, so much, but sadly can't afford them. She has DIY kits for sale on http://www.etsy.com/ but they're $130, and I thought, "Psht, I can do that."


I was wrong.


Here is what I came up with.



It's blurry, but seeing it more clearly does not make it any more cute. As you can see, I didn't even finish my sorry attempt at embroidery because it was just too embarrassing. Definite craft fail.

I didn't even have a plan for what to do with these amazing flowers I thought I could bang out, so I guess it isn't too much of a loss, just a few dollars spent on felt and embroidery thread. It's embarrassing though, just awful.

I guess I'm not meant to sew anything for this wedding.

No comments: