Wednesday, 26 August 2009

45 days to go...

Well, I've got 45 days left on my countdown. Am I getting anything done? No, not really.

The reply cards are coming in at a good pace, last week we got like 3-4 a day, and this week we're getting 7-8 a day. The date to reply by is September 1st, so we'll see how many we get by then and how many are late. So far, we've got 91 people coming...our wedding is turning out to be pretty popular, not very many "Can't Make It" replies! Our reply cards have the options of "Can't Wait!" or "Can't Make It.", which I worried might confuse people, but it seems to be going over okay. It's more confusing for me when Jagger opens a reply and says, "Hey, Mr. and Mrs. Soandso can make it!" And I get confused as to why he says "can make it" instead of, "They can't wait!" Or even just, "They're coming!" It's confusing.

My dress is in, I went to try it on on Friday. It fits okay, but it's pretty big in the hips and waist so it's off to the seamstress to have it taken in. It also sounds like I need to find some new undergarments to get things in the proper place...which is pretty much my worst nightmare. I don't really need to elaborate here, but it's going to be a nightmare finding things to fit. Sigh.

I did manage to find a headpiece though, and I'm pretty happy with it. It's a feathery, flowery thing, nothing too big and nothing too crazy. I don't have a picture of it, but my friend was taking pictures of it and me in my dress at the store, I'll have to get them from her.

I should get back on the ball and get some wedding stuff done, but we've got so much going on in the next little while I'm really not into it. I'm running a yard sale for my mom this weekend (come to Port Franks and take away our junk!) then a bachelorette party in Cambridge. Next weekend is the long weekend and we have a wedding to go to in Cambridge then a 1st birthday party to attend on the Sunday. The weekend after that we have our ball tournament, then another wedding to go to the weekend after that, then my shower, then all of a sudden it's the week before the wedding. It's depressing.

I think most of what I have left to do is detail stuff, so I should be okay. We still have to get Jagger's tux and his ring though, so I guess those are kind of major. I'm sure it will all work out.

I feel like I want a lot of signage at the wedding, which seems weird. The one that I'm having a hard time figuring out is how to label the cupcakes. We're ordering 13 dozen amazing cupcakes from Razzle Dazzle Cupcakes and I'm super excited. They're pretty much the greatest things ever - in life, not just in food. We want to get a bunch of different flavours, but I want people to know what they're getting.

So, my question is thus - do I make some sort of a sign/poster with pictures and explaining what the cupcakes are? Do I try to make little flags for each individual cupcake? Is that too fussy? Am I going to have room on a cupcake tower for all those flags? Do I just let people eat the cupcakes blindly, without any guidance? I'm sure this is something that I'm overreacting about and no one else would notice, but I'm stressing about it.

So, instead of working on that, I'm playing video games. I just got Batman: Arkham Asylum for the PS3 yesterday, and now that's all I want to do. Well, that and go for runs - run away from wedding planning!

Let me know what you think about the cupcakes, I'd love to hear your suggestions!

6 comments:

Dan Brown said...

I don't know about the cupcakes, but your talk of uncomfortable undergarments takes me back to a wedding I was at years ago. As the bride came down the aisle, someone asked how she was doing. "I can't wait to get out of this dress," she said. "My bra is killing me!" That made me laugh and I think everyone relaxed. Most easy-going bride ever. So don't sweat it. As long as your shoes are comfy, you'll be fine.

ashlie said...

I need to start breaking in my shoes actually, they're 4 1/2 inches high! I love my high heels - good thing Jagger's taller than me! The girl at the dress shop said she has the exact same ones and they're really comfy once you get them worked in. I'm sure I'll have something making me uncomfortable though!

Sylvia Lewis-Havard said...

let them eat blindly! I think you'll have a million things to think about without worrying about putting flags and labels on the cupcakes. They're ALL delicious and if ppl can't appreciate the surprise well I hope there is a desert-whore at the table willing to eat the leftovers ;)-

ashlie said...

Good point Sylvia - also, maybe if I leave them unlabelled there will be more leftover for me to eat...

Amanda said...

I'm on the no flags side too, less work for you! Plus it will make for a great conversation piece. On the shoes front, I felt so silly walking around the house in white stilettos, but one tip...stay out of the kitchen!

ashlie said...

Thanks for the tip, I'll definitely stay out of the kitchen! I know, I feel so silly strutting around in my heels, but I think it will be worth it. My shoes are a turquoise blue, and I think I could get away with wearing them at work, but I'm worried about scuffing them. Of course, by wearing them at home, I just get them covered in cat hair. Grr.